Thursday, August 11, 2005

My first earning

2nd of July.....i came to Bangalore for my Project......Since then.... Not a day passed without talking about the stipend..... We(14 of us doing project in various companies) all started making a lot of plans for the First stipend....
Some were interested in getting something for them......while some guys...planned for some nice trip.....and a few more plans by others ....... well...i thought i 'll get something for my parents.....and...then.....something for my close friends....back home.....

4th of Aug.....i was quite busy with some assignment that i was given the previous week ( as usual.....was late for the submission)..... The day was very dry ...It wasn't eventful.....Everything was perfectly normal.....The only unusual thing...that i noticed since morning was......it didnt rain!!! ..... The post lunch session was even more dull....with my keyboard serving as the pillow(occasionally or rather i 'll put it as often...).....i had a phone call from my project mate at around 4.......It wasn't unusual.......Project mates usually call me...and....we talk about some interesting things like...where to shop....for Music CD's....about the movie for the weekend......but this call was very different....i was in for a surprise....i was told that..... our stipend had been increased by five thousand!!! Though there were some rumours about this increase ....i never believed it.....when it happened...it was quite a big surprise for me!!!

I collected my cheque from the finance department......it was a very different feel....the first salary...the first money that u earned.......surely ...its a really different feel....The word RESPONSIBILITY suddenly seemed to make more sense to me....than it usually made..... i myself felt as though i had grown mature all of a sudden in one month!!! Watever it is... i clearly enjoyed that day!!!

3 comments:

vivitsa said...

Where is my treat ;):)
Congrats dear !! Enjoy !!

Nandha said...

Increase in stipend calles for a treat !

Unknown said...

hmm....come to bangalore...i 'll treat you guys!!!