Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Bitsian Nostalgia

Past :

It was an usual winter day in Pilani......cold weather....freezing....frightening to think of that ice cold water.... fog was covering every inch of the bhawan corridor......even the ever active ...ever studying ghottu in my wing was asleep.....It was cold even inside the room......... not inside my rug....yeah....that was my heaven.....i would say ...there was nothing so heavenly.....like.... sleeping inside the rug on a cold winter day.....Room no:257,Budh Bhawan......yeah....that was my room......I never felt like coming out of it...when it was winter...... So did i feel even thatday......

BEEP!!BEEP!!.....hmm.....sounded familiar.....a very familiar sound..... oh.. yeah... that was praga's alarm clock.... it must be 7.55 A.M...... I heard some noise outside my room...... footsteps...... hurrying...towards to bogs....then...again in seconds ....hurrying back to the room....then the shouting started...."lets go to tuts..!!" ....." wake up da....idiot!!" ...i heard all sorts of foul words..... Determination.... yeah....i was showing a great deal of determination....."wont come out of my come....whatever....you say!"......then the banging started.....looked like i can't pretend to be asleep anymore.....i opened the door...unwillingly....hmm... as expected...praga was standing there.....he was telling me it was already 8..... time for tuts....I heard a voice in me..... "curse that tuts man!....why do they have these tuts everyday....! .... which idiot's idea is this tut thing!".....I told myself...."i juz cant take it any longer!....I waiting to get outta this shit..."

I went out.... and got ready for the tuts..... searched for my pen..... couldn't find that.....oh there...it is...it was inside my computer cabinet....safest place in my messed up room...... i took that ...examined it....checked if it was working.....nope...wasn't ......i ran to the H Wing .....knocked the first room.....no reply.....started banging...then slowly...a first yearite...came out....asking what was my problem...i asked him for a pen.....before he gave it to me...i snatched it from his hand....was already.....on my heels.....

The whole budh bhawan......road was covered by fog..... couldn't see anything beyond 10 ft........after a good sprint.....entered the class in FD-2..... even on that cold day....i could feel the heat in my Instructor's look.....oops ...did i call that a look....it was a stare...!..... but nothing was new to me......after all...i was a regular customer.....:) .... then took the tuts paper and went to a bench.... and started turning the Mu-E (Micro Electronics)book..in all directions....(it was an OB tut....else i wouldn't have come!!!) ...... "oh..yeah..there it is!...thats the answer....how could they afford to give such a stupid problem straight from the book.....that too.....in an OB...!".... I laughed....told myself..."Its your day...man!!!".... copied that problem....from the book...hurriedly....before i could finish.....i heard the instructor shout "Time up"...Somehow ...i managed to finish it and returned the paper to the instructor..... walked out of the class....

We guys started walking back towards bhawan.... while other studs left for the class (never had the habit of attending any class)..... On the way back ....i heard someone say..." The problem looked easy...but there was a small twist in that....did any of you notice that?"... thats what i was searching for...."Oh Dear!!! you missed it even today!!!one more zuk!! can't even open the account in this god damn course!!" ....well..i was sad..... not for making a zuk..... but for goin' to that tut.....could have slept a little more......

Then we came to the mess .....checked the breakfast....it was the same...uppma........surely that wasn't the best of my days.....went to the mess biah and asked for bread and jam...got that ....... came to the table....ate that bread and jam ... talked about the Marudhara cup.....that was scheduled for the weekend.... then we started walking towards the bhawan.....there it was....back in my clavern....once again...i got inside my rug...my heaven....sleeping.....with all my heart.....

Present:

The same..usual...typical Bangalore morning.....pleasant weather....I wake up at
8.30....dont hear anyone shout...dont hear anyone bang....... take all my time to get out of the bed..... come downstairs....brush my teeth.... take the newspaper....start reading all the crap...... then...when i feel there is nothing more left in that paper.....go to the bathroom.....get ready......

I come downstairs....lock the house.........take my bike..... "oh man....!!! not again....not this traffic...not the signals....not this...BMTC buses..!"....there it is... I'm maneuvering my bike through the dense traffic....i get to my office at around 11.....time for breakfast....call Bala on his phone....we both have our breakfast..in the 8th floor....come back...."oh..cha...forgot my coffee!"....get my coffee...when i settle down in my seat....the time...is 12.........start the coding from where i left the previous day.....i hear some sound in my stomach....probably some kind of acidic reaction.....is that some kind of a signal..."oh..i have to get something for my lunch!".....look at my watch....it is ten past three.....i go to the cafeteria and get bread & omelette.... then come back to my seat in half an hour...then i realise.... I 'm late for my all-hands meeting....rush to the conference room.....Thank God....my manager has not come yet.....i sit down....with a coffee in my hand.... time goes in a flash....it must be around 4.30 or probably 5.....come back....start doing the correction that my manager had said in the meeting......it is 7.30.....i feel..it's the time to leave home....go downstairs....start my bike......

Then something strikes me..... "oh...Am I really longing for this life....is this the real world....real life...that i was searching for ! " .... God created...everything in pair....He created....day...then...said...let there be night......He created light.....and then said....let there be darkness......He created good and to balance that.....He created the evil......He created Happiness and then said....let there be Sadness ......Experiencing only one half creates an imbalance....Any state when its prolonged ....human mind doesn't like...."Change"....it searches for Change....Well.....we learn to accept that....digest that....after all....Life has to go on!

No comments: