Thursday, September 15, 2005

OOP!!!

"Electives"- what comes to your mind when i say that word?... Ask any Bitsian, the spontaneous answer will be ..."An easy 'A' Grade!".Yeah....I'm also one among them....

It was my third year beginning.Back from the vacation with a lot of plans, very unrealistic ones. Just like every year,i vowed to do well atleast that semester. As usual was too confident or rather over confident and was too sure that i would do well that semester.I wanted to make all kinds of positive moves.I too planned to take an Elective just like most of my wingies.Then started the discussion, what elective should we take? DP.... SimLog..... IWMM ..... ComNet.....OOP....a lot more came to our mind..... some decided to take DP, while some decided on IWMM (which meant the easiest A).Myself and Bala decided to go for OOP,as though we were some computer geeks!.Everyone warned us about OOP.Seven Sup-T,three online tests,one assignment with heavy weightage and all that components meant lot of hard work was needed.Knowing my attendance rate and amount of time i spend studying, my wingies advised not to go for OOP.But as usual, my thadi took over me.I took the course.The worst of all, Bala also took that course following me!

OOP class was at the seventh hour(2.00 P.M) of monday series.It was the worst class hour that anyone would ask for.Right after the lunch, no one feels like goin' to the class.So did I feel.But somehow forced myself to attend the class cos i had vowed to do that sem well.To add to my laziness, the OOP instructor was too bad and heard it was better not to attend any class than to attend his!I decided..."Thats it !! I'm not goin' to that class anymore".So, just like any other course, I stopped attending OOP class in the second week of that semester and Bala also stopped attending that class.At times, we both used to go to that class for Sup-T 's sake. Moreover, I wanted to attend atleast one Sup-T in my bitsian life ( it doesn't mean i didnt have Sup-T in any course before that . just that i never attended any!).

Time went.There came the first OOP test.It was on thursday.Unlike other subjects, I read for this one.Not for a day or two but for 4 days.I felt confident or rather over confident.But that was normal for me.I never touch the book, but when i do that.I start feeling as if i'm a master in that one!.We went to the test.It was in the first hour.Second hour we had EDIC Tuts.But who cares about that EDIC!.After the test, i was confident of making av +. and quite naturally, i didnt go to collect the paper.One night, i saw MP in the mess and he told me that I had made av - 10 in my first test.Well, surely this wasn't the start i wanted for my elective.I was really pissed off.But as usual, gussed it.I just told myself,"I dont give a damn !"

Then came the second test! I wasn't in a mood to write the test.I decided to get a makeup for that one.I inquired about the OOP IC.Everyone said he was pretty sac.So Myself and Bala took makeup for the Second test!We sent our request letters through MP.I waited for the makeup test for the next two weeks.No notice was put up.I just told myself "just forget it!".Then came the time for the assignment.We submitted the assignment group.A Group of Five was allowed.But we just had three in our group.Myself, Bala and MP.None of us were interested in working for the project.We somehow submitted the first module of the assignment copying from some group.

Then we heard that we had missed the first two Sup-T.So, myself and Bala decided to attend the common hours atleast, there after.We went to the common hour.It was 8.05 A.M. Even then Instructor did not come.Everyone started leaving the class.So we too left the class.While walking back, I heard someone say, as the makeup test was scheduled that day, the instructor didn't turn up.I was totally shocked.Then we both ran down to the IPC Notice Board from FD-1 upstairs.We found the notice there.We had forgot that thing cos of the OASIS Fever.The test was happening in FD-2.So, we ran to 2206. The instructor had asked to submit the medical prescription the previous day which we didnt do.So, the instructor asked us for the prescription.We didnt have it with us that time.He asked us to bring it.Time was 8.20 A.M. We went to our room and brought the prescription and the OOP Book as it was an open book test.Then after showing the prescription he allowed us to write the test.We were the first people to leave the hall though we started late!Then after a few days, we learnt that we had made av in that test!

Then came the assignment submission, we didn't write any code.We submitted some empty file with some other files which had nothing other than few variable declaration statement.After that we got screwed properly in the viva.There came the precomp total.Myself and Bala, we both had made some av -30 . All our "'A' in Elective" dreams have gone.Then, all that we wanted that time was a 'C'.We wanted to avoid the embracement of making a 'D' in an Elective.But to add to the worries, our OOP Compre was scheduled in between two CDCs! we tried to read for that one.As usual, we slept and atlast we had read for only 3 hours totally for that exam.We went to the compre and got a very unusually rod ...or rather roddest paper for the objective section.No hopes.We wrote something and came back.We didnt even bother to collect the compre paper.When we were in Delhi waiting for TN Express, we got the news from Pilani that myself and Bala have made av + 25 in the compre! That surely was the most unexpected news of that semester! Thank God....At last i was able to make a 'C' in that one....!

Bala saw my other blogs and he wanted me to write about our OOP test .Thats how this blog came!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dei kannu....this blog quite gr8 ...not as gr8 a the one on c world. any way keep this up. juz dont add ur proj lead or mentor in orkut.

Unknown said...

Oops! i have added my proj mentor in my orkut! If he ever sees this, i dont know what will happen :)!